Creating or adding to your family is generally regarded as such a happy and important time in a woman’s life. Unfortunately it often coincides with the time noted as “never-well-since”; a turning point in a women’s general health away from optimal health. What we often deduce as the tide of age can too often be pinpointed to the moment we join the ranks of motherhood. This shift is even more pronounced when adding to your family, and amplified again if your children are close in age.
When growing a tiny human, your body will prioritize the health of your child, even to the detriment of the mother, if required. It is survival of the species! Your baby needs more calcium? It can be harvested from a mother’s teeth. Your baby needs choline? That can be found in the liver and bile. And so on, and so on… Add to this the post-birth hormonal shifts and sleep deprivation, and the depletion continues.
The struggle is all worth it of course! It is for the good of your child. However, it does not have to come along with feeling flattened by a semi-truck.
Our clinic offers
- Targeted lab testing
- Supportive therapies including IV therapy, B-vitamin injections, acupuncture, Bowen Therapy and CranioSacral Therapy.
- Nutritional counselling tailored to new moms.
- Compassionate guidance.
Scheduled check-ins are recommended to ensure no mother is left depleted.
- When possible, schedule an appointment before the birth of your child to review options for minimizing and addressing depletion post-birth. (30 minute Naturopathic Consult)
- Weekly supportive rejuvenating therapy is wonderful for a new mom, and can be added when the benefit of supportive healing hands outweighs the hassle of leaving the home. This type of visit can have amplified benefit when added as soon as possible after your birth, such as for CranioSacral Therapy- where treatment of mother and child early after birth is preferred.
- Optimally you will not feel like you need to leave the home for naturopathic consultations in the first 6 weeks. We aim to address your needs in these early weeks with a pre-birth consultation, however every birth and every women’s needs are unique, and we are always here when you need us. Phone/Video consults are also available to enable support without travel.
- At 6-8 weeks after your birth, begin monthly naturopathic check-in’s mixed with supportive therapy where indicated. Continue to come in monthly for 3 months or more, depending on your needs.
- When feeling like you have an energy reserve to deal with life’s hurdles, shift to appointments every 2-3 months for the next 6-12 months, depending on your needs.
This is just a hypothetical approximate schedule that would be fine-tuned for each individual client’s needs.
- Family Medicine including:
- Fertility & Preconception Support for Men and Women
- Pregnancy Support
- Postpartum Support
- Infant CranioSacral Therapy
- Well Child Visits
- Targeted Support for Multiple Conditions including:
- Specialized Therapies and Lab Testing including:
Book your next naturopathic appointment now! Call us at 403-542-3763
or use our online booking system to book your next session in our Calgary clinic.
Enriching lives naturally.
1025 1 Ave NE. Calgary, AB, T2E 9C6